Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last minute jobs

Five days before leaving Germany not all the things are sorted out. Last Sunday I did my last longer training ride after a month with literally washed out weather.
I removed all my bags and released them from the mud of the last few weeks. My bike got a complete service. Replacing the tires, grips, pedals, derailleur pulleys, bottom bracket, the complete drive train, liner and shifter cable and service to the suspension fork with changing the dust wipers and finally a full service to the free hub with changing the pawls and all the bearings took me two evenings in the basement. But the To Do List doesn't want get smaller at all. I am really fed up with the many odds and ends that are wasting so much time and I can't wait lining up next Friday in Banff.
It's ironic - Now, where the weather here in Germany finally turns to be warmer and more dry I've to disassemble my bike and pack it into a box. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.
Christian O.