Friday, June 14, 2013

Getting into the right mood

Now things get serious. If anyone has told me years ago that I am going to race someday the longest mapped mountain bike route of the world over more than 2700 miles across the Rocky Mountains, I'd have called him insane.
A lot of ifs and buts are left, something I am not able to deal with, though. I am excited how to handle with the discomfort during the following days. I don't like discomfort at all, but if there is a slogan I am writing on my flags, it is the statement from the Blog of Jim Stansburry who rode the TD last year: "Discomfort is not a reason to quit the race!" 
What do I expect? I'm really looking forward to some locations which earned a certain reputation over the years. The Outdoorsman in Butte, Kirstin from the Brush Mountain Lodge, Pie Town Café, Absolute Bikes in Salida just to name a few. Otherwise I expect to finish in one piece, nothing less or more.
Weather forecast for tomorrow is not bad at all. 30% chance of rain at sunny up to a cloudy sky. The forecast for Montana (I expect to cross the border at Saturday night) sunny and hot for the next few days. Here some pics from Banff:














No comments: