Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Letter of Intent


Letter of Intent mailed to the TD website:
Here comes my letter of intend for the 2013 Grand Depart of the Tour Divide.
I, Michael Gruenert, not in the full possession of my mental and physical capacity, would like to join the 2013 Tour Divide despite of the following obstacles:
I don’t like sleeping in a tent. I hate mosquitoes. I hate dogs (You have got to know I am living in the dog capital of Germany. It’s not a joke!). I don’t like go to bed without a shower. I really hate slipping in the same smelly and unwashed bike wear from the day before. I hate riding in the rain. I hate cold. I hate walking in the mud. I hate headwinds. I really hate wet feet. I don’t like dirty bikes. Snow – no way. Riding in the dark – only if it’s absolutely necessary. Saddle sores – oh my goodness. Did I mention that I really hate mosquitoes!    
Best requirements to line up in June, though!
But all these issues are nothing against the healthy loneliness and solitude, the amazing landscape and the experiences I’m going to make at the trip of my lifetime!

So set me on the start list and keep a SPOT for me in the back, please!

No comments: