Thursday, April 18, 2013

Body Preparation


To make a long story short – Somebody who has a 9 hour plus job, house and family, is not just an aspirant for one of the places in front of the pack. The winter here in Germany was one of the worst ever. A lot of rain, snow and compared to the years before fairly cold. Bike tours longer than 3 hours without dancing under the shower afterwards due to hurting and prickling feet were not possible. Until end of March I had nearly more miles on my jogging shoes like on my bike speedometer. As the temperatures slowly became more comfortable a flue completely knocked me out for three weeks. My first attempts riding more than 70 miles with some climbing but without loaded bike after the flue let me feel like a pussy.
Now less than two months to the start - some kind of panic crawling under my bike jersey.
My weekly training program at the moment schedules for Monday some workout units in a fitness studio. Tuesday: Jogging. Wednesday: Relaxing. Thursday: Jogging but longer than on Tuesday. Friday: Workouts units in the fitness studio again and strength unit on my Ergometer. Saturday: Longer bike tour with nearly full loaded bike and some climbing. Sunday: Extensive bike tour with full loaded bike but less climbing.
In May we have a lot of bank holidays here, mostly around the weekend. I am gonna grab the chance for spending some extended weekends with extensive bike and butt training. If this will be enough in the end? I don’t know. But my intention tells me it won’t be. Even if I make the best use of all the resources available until start of the race I will line up with a more pessimistic feeling. But who can claim from themselves he/she is really in good shape for a race like this?

No comments: