Thursday, April 25, 2013

Gear List


Just a preliminary version. The final version will be issued a few days before the start of the race. Yellow marked cells are still pending in weight and/or are subject to change. The list is moving a little bit on the save side with focus to cold and rainy weather. Most important thing for me is to have a complete second set of dry and warm clothes to avoid hypothermia and to keep the discomfort in the basement, even if I have to camp in bad weather conditions. For a rookie like me it’s really difficult to evaluate which part of the gear is completely unnecessary or I need just for a few miles. But I guess the bad weather especially in the north during the race of the last few years will give me right in the end. Otherwise there are some post offices along the way where I can ship some parts back home.
 
 

No comments: